At schools in Dubai, there are hundreds of job opportunities available, many of which are for the next academic years.
Many schools will pay more for teachers who specialize in core subjects like maths or science.
Most teaching positions are located in Dubai. However, there are also many opportunities in Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, and Ras Al Khaimah.
Latest Teaching Job Vacancies:
1. Link 1
2. Link 2
3. Link 3
According to Tes, a major education job site formerly known as The Times Educational Supplement, more than 600 positions are available in the Emirates.
A quick snapshot of some of our jobs
Major school groups like Taaleem and Gems Education have posted openings at their schools starting in August.
Teachers are needed in subjects such as design technology, food tech, psychology, business, and physical education.
Uptown International School Dubai seeks a school counselor. Jebel Ali School Dubai seeks a head of secondary school to join their school starting in August 2023.
Jumeirah College is in need of a head musician, and Swiss International Scientific School Dubai is seeking tutors to help them run their boarding school.
Dubai British School Jumeirah Park is looking for a head of mathematics to start in August. Safa Community School, however, is looking for a secondary maths teacher who could begin immediately.
Cranleigh Abu Dhabi requires a maths teacher to teach their senior school.
Aldar Education is looking for a head to their Ministry of Education, which covers Arabic, Islamic Studies, and Social Studies at Abdulla bin Otaiba Charter School, Abu Dhabi.
Gems Metropole School, Motor City, is seeking a Physics teacher to join their staff in September.
A variety of leadership roles are also available. Amity International School Abu Dhabi seeks a head for inclusion, and Aldar Academies are looking to hire a vice-principal for one of their schools.
Most jobs start in August. Candidates must apply by February or January, depending on their role.
Deepika Thapar Singh (principal at Credence High School) stated that the school advertised for roles in December and was currently looking to fill 20 of them.
Ms. Singh stated that the school was seeking teachers in subjects such as math, science, English, and Islamic studies.
“Maths is, in my opinion, the greatest challenge. “We see people who excel in science and mathematics get into engineering and technology. But, we don’t see many people getting into teaching,” Ms. Singh stated.
What degree are you required to teach in the UAE?
You will need a valid teaching certificate to become a teacher in UAE. You will need to have additional experience in order to teach at many schools.
Qualifications required for candidates include a QTS (qualified teacher status) or equivalent.
Your degree should align with the subject that you wish to teach in secondary schools.
Teachers will require a degree in the chosen field as well as a teaching degree.
Some schools also require area specialists who have demonstrated experience teaching the subject.
Ms. Singh stated that teachers will typically apply online with their resumes, and schools then build a shortlist to interview them. Next, you will need to teach a demonstration class.
Many teachers have traveled from abroad to teach the class.
Ms. Singh stated that recruiters have traveled to India in order to find talent.
Top tips for teachers who are moving to the UAE
Thomas Blakemore is a Kent College Dubai primary school teacher who creates online content to help teachers consider moving to the UAE. Here are his top tips:
- Ask questions to the school as they will be able to help you through the process. Doubt is normal. As you get closer to boarding a flight, it’s normal to feel anxious. Ask for help and join online communities to meet new friends.
- You should be organized. Ask the HR department at your school if they have a list of things you should do.
- Do your research. It is important to plan and it will help you manage your nerves. Do your research on the area where you will be moving and get excited about it.
- When you arrive, be a tourist. It is easy to stay in your own room once you have moved, but it is not enough to get out and explore.
- It is possible to spend a lot of money on your first month in a foreign country.
What you need to know
- Salaries can vary depending on the school but teachers typically make between Dh9,000 to Dh14,000 per month ($2,450-3,800 depending on their experience and qualifications).
- The top-end schools charge between Dh16,000 and Dh17,000 per month, plus a monthly housing allowance of up to Dh6,000. These schools are often American-American schools, but also have British curriculum schools that are rated “outstanding” and “very good”.
- Schools are increasingly offering accommodation to teachers, sometimes in apartments with other teachers, as an alternative to giving them a housing allowance.
- Teachers of science and math are highly sought after and schools will pay as much as Dh3,000 for those who can teach these subjects.
- Teachers in Indian schools can earn Dh3,000 per month, despite the lower fees and intense competition.
- It is becoming more common in Indian schools for teachers to live together in shared residential accommodations.
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Hiring Organization||Admin Middle East Jobs|
|Address Locality||United Arab Emirates|
|Address Country||AE - UAE - United Arab Emirates|
|Base Salary||AED 3500|
|Minimum Salary||AED 3500|
|Maximum Salary||AED 20000|
Date Posted: January 17, 2023
Author: Admin Middle East Jobs
Publication: Middle East Jobs
Publisher: Admin Middle East Jobs
Address: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Google News: Link